Asparagus - 1 bunch
if using frozen -5 Way veggie mix - 1 cup
else 1 cup of carrot, peas, beans together
Potato - 2 medium
(optional) Onion - 1 medium - diced
(optional) Paneer - 10 medium sized cubes
Masala to Grind
Coconut (wet) - 1 cup
Jeera - 1 tbsp
Clove - 3 nos
Pattai/Cinnamon - 1 stick
Kasakasa - half tsp
Green chilies -5
Tomato- 1 big
Oil -2 tablespoon
Mustard seeds -1 teaspoon
Bay Leaf - 1
Turmeric powder - 2 pinches
Salt to taste
Curd - 1/4 cup
Additional diced green chilli to taste
Method De Prep:
1. Cut veggies into medium sized cubes.For asparagus, take off the tip and the bottom and cut into medium size.
2. Cook Asparagus in the microwave on high for 6 mins. Asparagus cooks pretty quickly, so depending on your microwave you may need more or less time. Check on the veggie every 5 mins.
3. Cook the potatoes. You may choose to leave the skin or peel it off
4. Grind the coconut, jeeera, green chilli, clove, pattai, kasakasa and tomato in a pulp
5. In a thick bottom vessel, add oil, splutter the mustard seeds.
6. Add the bay leaf, green chillis, onions and fry until the onions are transparent
7. Add the paneer cubes and fry till the paneer turns slightly brown (optional line)
8. Add the ground pulp and cook on medium heat. Add salt, turmeric and water as much required
9. Once the gravy comes to a boil, add the cooked vegetables. Slowly turn the kurma so as to not smash the veggies.
10. Add curd, cook on low for 5 mins and turn off.
Delicious kurma is ready to be enjoyed w/ Rice, Roti or Parota!