This is a recipe from my creative MIL. This dosai is better to the body than Adai. It contains yellow moong dhal which is cooling to the system on a much needed summer day!
1. Rice - 2 cups
2. Yellow Moong Dhal - 1 cup
3. Ginger - 2 medium size pieces
4. Asafoetida - 1 pinch
5. Red chillis - 3 or 4 nos
6. Salt to taste
Method de Prep:
1. Soak rice and yellow moong dhal in the ratio 2:1. Allow them to soak for atleast 4 hours
2. Grind the soaked mix with ginger, asafoetida, red chillis
3. You can add corriander leaves right at the end to get a green color. I haven't tried spinach, but sure think will work the same way.
4. Set aside the batter overnight. After it ferments, add salt the next morning
5. Make lovely dosa/crepe with the batter and enjoy!