I know! I'm back after aeons. My friend is visiting me this week and I wanted to show her some twists to a regular Pasta Dish. Here is one such variation I spruced up last night:
1. Mint - 1 bunch
2. Corriander leaves - 1 bunch
3. Green Chillis - 5 to 6
4. Onions - 1 medium
5. Mushroom (Optional) - 5 to 6
6. Yellow Squash - chopped 10 to 15 medium size pieces
7. Pasta - any variety - I chose Fusilli
8. Pasta Sauce - optional - readymade, any variety
9. Olive Oil - 2 tbsp
10. Salt to taste
Method de Prep:
1. Remove just the leaves from the Mint bunch
2. Chop the corriander leaves
3. On a pan, add 1 tsp of Olive Oil. Add the green chillis, mint leaves along with the corriander leaves. Allow to cook on medium flame for 2 mins or less
4. Remove from heat and let it cool aside. After it cools, grind to a coarse paste.
5. You can use the same pan, in 2 tsp of Olive Oil, cook the finely chopped onions. Once the onions turn transparent, add the chopped mushrooms to it. Cook till they brown up and the juices start showing.
6. Meanwhile, cook the yellow squash in the oven by broiling it for 4 mins. Add the cooked squash to the pan along with the mushrooms and toss lightly.
6. On another stove, cook the pasta. Pasta is cooked al dente by adding it to a pot of hot water and salt.
7. Once the pasta is cooked, drain the water and set aside.
8. In a deep vessel, heat 2 tsp of olive oil. Add the cooked pasta, mint paste, cooked mushrooms and squash with onions and toss lightly. You may add the pasta sauce to this if you like.
Your delicious Mint Pasta is ready! This is a different ring to the regular Basil based Pasta Dishes. Hope you enjoy it !
Let me know how it came out/any variations after you have tried it!