Thovaram Paruppu (lentils) one small cup
Red dry chilli 2 nos
Salt to taste
Vegetable: any one of the following: beans, cabbage, karamani (thinner version of beans)
Oil to fry
Method de preparation:
1.Soak the lentils in water for about 10 mins.
3. Grind along with red chilli, some salt to taste
4. Meanwhile soak cut vegetable in water and place in microwave for 8 mins
5. Heat some oil, splutter the mustard seeds and add asafoetida and curry powder to it.
6. Toss the vegetable into this.
7. Meanwhile microwave the ground mix of lentils, chilli for 5 to 10 mins
8. The mix might be a little tight, so grind them in the mixer till they become coarse powder
9. Add this to the cooking vegetables.
10. Cook for 2 mins
Drain, vathamulakai, salt, mixie, microwave for 5 mins.