1. Broken wheat - 1 cup
2. Payatham parupu - 1/4 cup
3. Vellam (jaggery) - 4 pieces
4. Saffron - 2 strands
5. Elachi - 2 nos
6. Cashew nuts/raisins - 4 nos
7.Milk - optional
Method de preparation
1. Cook the broken wheat and payatham parupu in a cooker(2 to 3 whistles)
2. Take the vessel out of the cooker and place on the stove and heat.
3. Drop the jaggery pieces into this warming/boiling mix. The jaggery will begin to melt. Add milk if the mix is too thick/dry.
4. Meanwhile, in a tsp of butter, fry some cashew nuts (you can break them into smaller pieces) and raisins
5. When the mix is boiling, add this fried dry fruits and 2 strands of saffron.
This can be served warm/cold. Enjoy!
Usually, this mix thickens if it is set aside for few hours. To thin it, add some milk.