This is a recipe adapted from one of my dear friend's. I try multiple versions of it. I let my creativity fly and mix n match the ingredients.
Servings: 2 to 4
Here is the list of all possible ingredients to this snack:
1. Black Beans - 1 tin
2. Carrots - 1 big / 2 medium
3. Corn - 1 cup
4. Peanuts - 1 cup
5. Corriander - chopped 1 cup
6. Green chillis - 2 nos
7. Onion - 1 medium
8. Tomatoes - 1 medium
9. Lime/Lemon Juice - 2 tbsp
Set up work:
1. Wash the black beans
2. Grate carrots
3. If the corn is fresh, there is no preparation. If not, microwave corn in a cup with some water for about 2 minutes.
4. Finely chop corriander , onions and green chillis
5. Tomatoes need to be firm. Chop small pieces. Don't finely chop them as they could make the salad squishy
6. Microwave the peanuts also with water till they are a little soft. Don't overcook them as they could get soggy and squishy too!
Method de Prep:
1. In a bowl add all the above ingredients, some salt and lemon/lime juice. Toss together and it is ready to eat!
Simple and delish!
ps: I tried adding some grated ginger, but B dint enjoy it. Let me know if you find anything else you can add to the mix..Cheers!