Wednesday, April 16, 2008
1. Spinach - 1 bunch
2. Rice - 1.5 cups
3. Corriander - a handful
4. Ginger - 1 small piece
5. Green Chillis - 2 nos (to taste)
6. Beans - 1.5 cups
7. Tomato Paste - 2 tbsp (you can use 1 tomato too.I had only paste)
8. Onion - 1 piece
9. Cashews - handful
10. Cloves, Bay Leaves, Anise - as needed
Method de Prep:
1. Wash spinach bunch and boil in a pot of water. Chop and keep the onions, green chillis and ginger
2. Wash and cook rice in a rice cooker/pressure cooker. Ensure that the grains are separate. You can use basmati rice too if you wish
3. Chop beans and cook till soft. You can cook either in pressure cooker (1 whistle) or in microwave
4. Once spinach is cooked, grind it with corriander, green chillis and ginger
5. Heat a little oil in a pan. Add a pinch of asafoetida(optional), cloves, bay leaves and anise. Fry a little
6. Add cashews and the chopped onions and fry till brown
7. Add the cooked beans to turn around a coupla times. Make sure that the beans don't mash.
8. Once the flavor of the condiments arises, add the pulp from the mixer. Let it boil for couple of mins.
9. Add the cooked rice and turn it couple of times. Again, ensure that the rice doesn't squish together. Add salt to taste.
Enjoy! Bon App