Another morning and I was staring at my pantry wondering what salad can I dish out for B. B's in a salad mood and would eat anything in the form of a salad. My eyes fell on the cous cous packet and I decided to relent to that urge to cook middle eastern..
Voila! quick and easy tabouleh salad
1. Cous cous - 1 cup
2. Cilantro - 1 small bunch
3. Lime/Lemon juice - 5 tbsp
4. Salt to taste
5. Black olives - 5 to 6 nos
6. Feta cheese - 3 tbsp
7. Olive oil - 5 tbsp
8. Mint leaves - 5 to 6 leaves
9. tomato - 1 finely chopped
10. Onions (optional) - half finely chopped
Method de preparation:
1. Microwave cous cous in a bowl with half a cup of water for 3 mins. At about 1.5 min, add some butter and fluff the mix and let it cook through the remaining time. Cous cous cooks pretty quickly. Fluff it with a fork after taking out of the microwave.
2. To the cooked cous cous, add the finely chopped tomato and onions(optional) and fluff it again
3. Add the chopped cilantro and mint leaves. Savor the beautiful flavor that emanates :).
4. Add chopped black olives and a fistful of feta cheese to this mix. Fluff it again
5. Add the olive oil, salt to taste. Once the mix cools down, add the lemon/lime juice.
6. Refrigerate and serve chilled or serve at room temperature.
Again with this recipe too, you can choose to add crushed garlic. To make it a little spicy, add a tsp of chilli powder..