The tabouleh inspired version that I spruced up for B's quick lunch. It came out (surprisingly) pretty tasty and health (I was sure of this part though).
1. Black Lentils - 1 cup
2. Tomatoes - 2 nos
3. Corn - 1 small cup
4. Black Olives (optional) - 5 to 6 nos
5. Cilantro - 1 small bunch
6. Lemon juice
7. Salt to taste
8. Olive oil - 2 tbsp
Method de preparation
1. Wash the blank lentils and pressure cook them (3 whistles). If you plan ahead, you may even soak the black lentils overnight. If you soak the lentils, then you need to cook only till 1 whistle. If you do not own a pressure cooker, simply boil the lentils in a pot of water until they are soft but not squishy
2. Cut tomatoes, black olives, cilantro and set aside. If you are serving this dish immediately, you may also add some onions
3. Cook corn in microwave for 3 mins. with some water. Drain the water and let the corn cool for couple of minutes
4. Now in a bowl, mix the black lentils, chopped tomatoes, black olives, cilantro (and onions, if any)
5. Add lemon juice and olive oil and salt. Mix them well. Make sure that the lentils don't get squished in the process
Thatz it, ready to serve and enjoy!
ps: you may also add some feta cheese, if you like the taste...enjoy!