One vegetable that I crinkle my nose to is Broccoli. It is the smell more than the taste that bothers me. So this weekend, I decided to conquer the smell with one of my favorite - mint.
I made this sabji to be enjoyed with Roti/Naan
1. Broccoli - 3 medium
2. Onion - 1/2 medium
3. Mint leaves - 8 to 10 leaves
4. Corriander leaves to garnish
Spices to grind:
1. Dhania - 1 tsp
2. Jeera - 1 tsp
3. Black Pepper - 1 tsp
4. Clove - 3 nos (spicy!)
5. Cinnamon Bark - 2 pieces (get the one from Indian store, the smell/flavor is different from the regular cinnamon roll that is available)
6. Optional tomato paste/puree - 2 tsp OR 1/4 tsp of tamarind paste
Method de prep:
1. In a work, heat 1 tsp of oil
2. Fry the spices along with onion and mint leaves. (You can twist it curry by adding Tomato puree/qtr tsp of tamarind paste for a l'll sour kick. )
3. Once cool, grind the spices into a smooth paste
4. Cook the broccoli florets in a container of water in the microwave for 6 to 8 mins
5. Once cooked, drain the water and set aside
6. Now to final assembly, in the wok, add a tsp of oil. Once the oil is hot, add jeera and pour the paste in. Let it cook till the aroma rises
7. Add the broccoli florets salt to taste and simmer.
8. Remove from flame after 5 mins and garnish with Corriander leaves.
Yummy Broccoli curry is ready to be enjoyed!