I'm promising myself to make grocery shopping more planned, less frequent and more healthy. I'm setting a schedule of indian store once in 2 weeks to get vegetables, milk and TJ once a week for fresh bread and fruits. Since I'm conserving and watching,I had some vegetables left from using for other sabijis. With the need to use them quickly and tastily, I cooked up this simple and tasty mixed vegetable sabji and as always, with a surprise element
1. Green Bell Pepper - 1 medium - diced
2. Carrot - 1 large - diced
3. Onions - 1 medium - minced
4. Potato - 2 medium - diced
5. Paneer - 10 medium cubes
6. Surprise element - Garbanzo beans = 1 cup
1. Turmeric - 1/4 tsp
2. Jeera - 1 tsp
3. Pepper powder - 1 tsp
4. green chillis - 3 nos minced
Method de Prep
1. In 1 tsp of oil, splutter jeera seeds. Add ginger paste, green chillis, turmeric and quickly give a tish tosh.
2. Add Minced onions and fry till golden brown
3. Add green bell pepper, carrots and potato and toss couple of times. Then cook on medium with a covered lid. The vegetables cook in the steam. About 10 mins later, the veggies will be soft.
4. Now add the paneer and fry till golden brown. You may need to add a tsp of oil
5. Add the pepper powder and toss to spread it evenly. Add salt to taste
6. The garbanzo beans are next. You may use the canned ones (wash well) or pressure cook raw ones. If you are using the regular ones, you would need to soak them overnight and pressure cook them.
7. Toss well and garnish with corriander.
You may add a dash of lemon just before serving. Enjoy with roti or bread!