Chouchou Thol (Chayote Skin)
Urad Dhal - 2 tablespoons
Curry Leaves - 8 to 10 leaves
Red Chillis (to taste) - 3 to 4
Corriander leaves or mint leaves
Mustard seeds - one teaspoon
Grated coconut - one handful
Tamarind paste - 1 teaspoon
Salt to taste
Method de preparation:
1. Heat 2 teaspoons of oil and add asafoetida to the hot oil.
2. Splutter urad dhal.
3. Add the red chillis, curry leaves.
4. Add the chouchou skin, tamarind paste/piece and grated coconut and turn it around for 3 minutes
5. Grind the above in a mixer with corriander or mint leaves. Add salt while grinding
6. Splutter some mustard seeds in oil and add the ground paste. Take it off the heat right away
Ready to eat!