Sundal is one of my favorite snacks. It reminds me of my childhood days when sundal was the plat du jour for all days of navarathiri. During navarathiri, kids are treated with this snack every evening. Missing my good old times, I tried reliving those memories with this quick snack.
1. Black Eyed Peas - 1 cup, soaked for 4 hours
2. Grated coconut - 1/2 cup
3. Green chillis - 2 to 3 nos
4. Oil, mustard for tadka
5. Curry leaves - 2 or 3
6. Salt to taste
Method de preparation:
1. Pressure cook the soaked lentils. Let 1 whistle go by. We don't want the dhal to overcook and turn mashy.
2. On a small tava, heat some oil, splutter mustard seeds, add curry leaves, green chillis and grated coconut.
3. Couple of quick turns, add the cooked lentils after draining it well.
4. Add salt to taste