Monday, August 11, 2008

Black Eyed Peas Sundal

Sundal is one of my favorite snacks. It reminds me of my childhood days when sundal was the plat du jour for all days of navarathiri. During navarathiri, kids are treated with this snack every evening. Missing my good old times, I tried reliving those memories with this quick snack.

Ingredients:
1. Black Eyed Peas - 1 cup, soaked for 4 hours
2. Grated coconut - 1/2 cup
3. Green chillis - 2 to 3 nos
4. Oil, mustard for tadka
5. Curry leaves - 2 or 3
6. Salt to taste



Method de preparation:
1. Pressure cook the soaked lentils. Let 1 whistle go by. We don't want the dhal to overcook and turn mashy.
2. On a small tava, heat some oil, splutter mustard seeds, add curry leaves, green chillis and grated coconut.
3. Couple of quick turns, add the cooked lentils after draining it well.
4. Add salt to taste

Enjoy!
Bon App!

5 comments:

mitr_bayarea said...

Amrutha-

This is one of my favorite sundals and am looking forward to the navarathri season to prepare this on one of the days.

lubnakarim06 said...

Something new and looks gr8.

Unknown said...

These days sweet corn shundal is a must at weddings, quite mouth watering!

Ramya said...

hey amrutha!:) spent a leisure hour going through all your recipes!:) you're quite a cook!:) i got a few that i am going to try out right away..:) thanks!:)

Srikitchen said...

looks delicious!
first time to ur blog and it is too good!
do visit my blog when u find time and join in the savory event going in my blog!
Wish u a very happy new year!