Saturday, August 09, 2008

True Inspiration

It is a lazy saturday afternoon and I am on my couch watching all the 'Food Network' that I want to. While watching 'Throwdown with Bobby Flay' I got inspired to cook up a dish(in my head!). Yes, ladies and gentlemen, for the first time, I am blogging about a dish that is an inspiration and hasn't touched my stove yet. Drawing the idea from a 'Meat Loaf', I am hoping to try this dish out sometime soon.

Ingredients:
Here is all what I hope to mix into this dish:
1. Brinjals/Eggplant - round big fat ones - 2 nos
2. Onions - 1 large, finely chopped
3. Bell Peppers - bring on the colors! red, green, yellow, orange- 2 nos finely chopped
4. Celery sticks (optional) - 3 sticks, well chopped
5. Garlic(optional) - 2 or 3 cloves
6. Bread crumbs


Method de preparation:
1. Roast the Eggplant on the stove. Peel the skin and mash well with salt, pepper and crushed red pepper.
2. In a pan, heat some oil and fry the onions, chopped bell peppers, celery sticks with garlic.
3. Add the fried vegetables and mash well. Add some bread crumbs just like you would for cutlets.
4. Make round pattis and place them on a baking sheet.
5. Preheat the oven upto 350F. Place the pattis in the oven and cook for about 15 mins?
6. Take out the pattis and place them on a dish to serve.
7. I have two ideas for serving:
a. Olive Oil, balsamic vinegar and a dash of lime juice. Whisk them and simply coat the top of the crispy pattis with this.
b. Simple, spicy ketchup coating on the top
8. Serve with toasted bread or baguette slices

I'll try this out soon and post some pics. If you happen to try it before me, leave me a note with your creativity spiced in..

Enjoy! Bon App!

1 comment:

mitr_bayarea said...

Amrutha-

you have creative culinary skills, good dish, will try out sometime.