Monday, June 30, 2008

Cabbage Soup

After hogging the entire weekend under various excuses, we decided it was time for us to eat healthy. This morning, I wanted something different and quick for breakfast. My MIL's recipe came to my head.

Here is a tip:
Do not throw away the water in which you boil vegetables or lentils. They might come handy. For eg: After boiling lentils, do not throw away the drained water. You can just add it to any sambhar/rasam along with tamarind. Similarly, while making any sabji, you can use the water for gravy.
I made cabbage sabji and just used the water in which I boiled the cabbage. Here is what you need for this super quick breakfast

Ingredients;
1. Cabbage - 1/4 piece, chopped
2. Salt to taste
3. Ginger - chopped
4. Green Chillis - 3 nos

Method de Preparation:
1. Boil the cabbage in water. Leave it uncovered to keep the color from fading. Drain water and keep aside.
2. Now, in a mixie, take the boiled cabbage. Add the water as thick as you want your soup, chillis and ginger. Grind well
3. Pour in a bowl and serve with crackers/baguette pieces!

If you want, you can add a pinch of rasam powder for flavor.




Bon App!

7 comments:

FH said...

That's a simple and easy recipe, sounds great A!:)

Unknown said...

Easy and healthy soup, amrutha!.I let you something you deserve in my blog, come and get it..:)

Deepthi Shankar said...

what a healthy for dish .. perfect for weight watchers

Amrutha Ragavan said...

@ Asha: Thanks Asha.

@ Maheswari: Thanks a lot for the award!

@Vegetable Platter: Yep, works wonders for weight watchers!

Sagari said...

soup looks yummmmmm

Indranee Batabyal said...

Hello Amrutha, you have a nice blog and I love your recipes! My mom sometimes prepares a cabbage soup during winters.This time I'll tell her to try your recipe. Looks quite tasty too!

Amrutha Ragavan said...

@ sagari : Thnx!
@indranee: Thanks Indranee. Post your mom's recipe too. Will try that as well!