Sunday evening, I wasn't in the right spirit for cooking an elaborate dinner. I've been wanting to try some Thai food at home since sometime. Of course, it might not be an authentic Thai recipe, just an indianized version which can please some taste buds :).
I spruced up some mixed veggies- thai ishtyle
1. Mixed Veggies (frozen) - 2 cups
2. Onion - 1 medium finely chopped
3. Ginger - finely chopped to taste
4. Green Chillis - 2 nos to taste
5. Coconut milk - 1/4 cup
6. Thai Red Chilli paste - 2 tbsp
8. Salt to taste
9. Tomato paste (optional) - 1 tsp
Method de Preparation:
1. Heat oil in a tava, add the onions and toss till transparent
2. Add the ginger and chillis. Once you get the flavor of the ginger, add the thai red chilli paste and tomato paste. Thai red chilli paste is readily available in grocery stores. I bought mine at Trader Joe's.
3. Once the raw smell of the mix is gone, add the mixed veggies. I used the stir fry variety. Cover the tava and let the veggies cook in steam. We want them cooked, but not too soft. They should cook to just crunchy. Add a little water, if required
4. Once the veggies are cooked to the right level, add the coconut milk and simmer.
5. After 5 mins, you'll get the lovely flavor of ginger cooking in coconut milk. It is time to turn off the heat and enjoy the dish!
This can be enjoyed with rice or roti.