Thursday, June 05, 2008
Kadalai Maavu Chutney
My hubby's favorite side dish. It is simple to make and extremely tasty! My MIL's recipe passed down to her by her MIL..so I guess, sorta family recipe..enjoy!
1. Besan/Kadalai Maavu - 2 tsp
2. Capsicum(red/green)/Bell Pepper - 1 nos finely chopped
3. Gingelly Oil - 1 tsp
4. Asafoetida - 1 pinch
Method de preparation:
1. Heat gingelly oil in a tava. Add asafoetida and finely chopped bell pepper and fry well
2. Once the bell pepper is semi cooked (in about 4 mins), mix besan with 1 cup of water. The mix should be thin consistency.
3. Add the besan water and cook well. Keep stirring the mix frequently so that the bottom doesn't burn.
4. In about 6 mins, the mix will start browning. It is time to enjoy!
This chutney goes well with Roti/Parata/Dosa