So, when you are in a hurry and need to pack something quick for lunch, or you are dying hungry in the evening and want something light and fluffy, try this quick dish
1. pancake mix - 2 cups
2. Onion - 1 medium finely chopped
3. Ginger - finely chopped, to taste
4. Green chillis - finely chopped, 2 nos
5. Fresh corriander - finely chopped
6. Salt to taste
Method de Preparation:
1. Add water to the pancake mix till it is dosa mix consistency. You may want to keep it a little thicker. Add the chopped onions, ginger, green chillis, corriander and salt to the batter and mix well.
2. You may choose to add a pinch of turmeric, red chilli powder and jeera powder. But this is totally optional
3. Heat a pan. If you use a non stick, no oil is required. Check the temperature of the pan by sprinkling a few droplets of water on the surface. If it sizzles, then it is ready
4. Pour one ladle-full of the batter. Since we are making uttappam style, there is no need to even it out. Cover the pan and let it cook in steam.
5. After 2 mins, turn and let the other side cook as well.
6. When both sides are done, serve on a platter! Thatz it. Well, in our case, you'll put it into your lunch box.
Can be enjoyed with pickle, chutney or simply curd/yogurt!